In an effort to celebrate and promote local nonprofits, Venice Pier Group (restaurant group including Sharky’s on the Pier, Fins and Snook Haven) announces the First Annual Giving Challenge Fair. The Giving Challenge is an exciting 24-hour giving event sponsored by the Community Foundation of Sarasota County supporting local nonprofits. From May 1 at noon to May 2 at noon, donors can go online to givingpartnerchallenge.org to make a secure donation, helping their favorite organization receive special matching dollars and grant incentives. The Patterson Foundation will provide a 1:1 match for all donations, up to $100 per donor, per organization.
To help maximize donations during this exciting 24 hour giving event, Venice Pier Group is inviting local nonprofits to set up a booth at Sharky’s on the Pier & Fins, promote their organization, and educate Venice Fishing Pier and beachgoers, restaurant patrons, and community members about their cause. Nonprofits will be onsite at Sharky’s and Fins on Tuesday, May 1st from 12 noon – 7:00p.m.
“Our goal with hosting The Giving Challenge Fair is to help community members facilitate a one-on-one personal connection to many of the amazing non-profits in our area. Since Sharky’s on the Pier and Fins a relatively well known location, we felt that it is a perfect place to showcase some of the great local charities at a time where somebody’s donation can double,” said Mike Pachota, President of Venice Pier Group.
To further assist nonprofits in the Giving Challenge, Venice Pier Group has developed additional incentives for donors who contribute at the event. Those include:
- A free dessert to anyone who donates $100
- Free lunch for 2 people at Sharky’s for anyone who makes 5 - $100 donations (total donation of $500)
- Free dinner for two people at Fins for anyone who makes 10 - $100 donations (total donation of $1,000)
- Each $100+ donation also gets entered into a chance drawing to win a big prize.
*These incentives qualify for any donor that gives to any nonprofit participating in The Giving Challenge Fair on May 1 at Sharky’s and Fins. Limit to one chance per person for chance drawing. Proof of donation is required.
Currently, nonprofits participating in the Giving Challenge Fair include:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Suncoast
- Children First
- Friends of Sarasota County Parks
- Friends of the Legacy Trail
- Habitat for Humanity South Sarasota County, Inc.
- Laurel Civic Association
- Loveland Center
- Our Mother’s House
- Sky Family YMCA
- Special Olympics
- Suncoast Humane Society
- The Chalk Festival
- United Way of South Sarasota County
- Venice Area Beatification Inc. (VABI)
- Venice Art Center
- Venice Challenger Baseball
- Wildlife Center of Venice